Every pupil at Moortown Primary School is an enthusiastic, positive and expressive learner – but it’s not just our children! We are all learners: we can keep on learning new methods, new facts, new points of view.
This section is all about learning and how parents / carers can support or join in the learning process.
In this section
- Help Your Child: download some guides that will help you to support your child’s learning at home
- Phonics: learn more about how we teach the early stages of reading and writing
- Reading: a comprehensive guide to the skills you can encourage your child to develop their reading skills
- Writing: a comprehensive guide to the skills you can encourage your child to develop their writing skills
- Maths: a comprehensive guide to the skills you can encourage your child to develop their maths skills
- Calculations: advice about how to support their children with calculations
- National Curriculum: aims and structure of the National Curriculum for schools in England
- Our Curriculum: how our topics meet National Curriculum requirements
- Reception: an overview of principles and practice in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Class News: news, updates and photos from your child’s class and the learning that’s taking place
- Homework: find out what this week’s homework and spelling list is for your child
- Health: all about our happy and healthy school