Every pupil at Moortown Primary School is an enthusiastic, positive and expressive learner – but it’s not just our children! We are all learners: we can keep on learning new methods, new facts, new points of view.
This section is all about learning and how parents / carers can support or join in the learning process.
In this section
- Class News: news, updates and photos from your child’s class and the learning that’s taking place
- Homework: find out what this week’s homework and spelling list is for your child
- Help Your Child: download some guides that will help you to support your child’s learning at home
- Phonics: learn more about how we teach the early stages of reading and writing
- Calculations: advice about how to support their children with calculations
- National Curriculum: aims and structure of the National Curriculum for schools in England
- Our Curriculum: how our topics meet National Curriculum requirements
- Expectations: download the age-related expectations for your child
- Reception: an overview of principles and practice in the Foundation Stage
- SMSC: discover how we promote your child’s social, moral, spiritual and cultural development
- Health: all about our happy and healthy school
- RSE: learn more about relationships and sex education at Moortown Primary
- RE: all state-maintained schools in England are required to teach religious education