31 March 2020: Home learning

Tuesday 31 March 2020

Morning, everyone!

I hope that you are all well and still smiling.

At school we have our daily Wake Up Shake Up at 10am. Today, why not put on a favourite song and have a dance around – maybe even making up your own routine.

Today’s tasks…

Writing

Write sentences about someone in your family.

Yesterday, I wrote sentences about my grandad. He loved telling me about his life! Asking questions and finding out things about someone can keep them company when they might be feeling quite lonely – even if they are living in the same house as you.

Choose someone in your family who is special to you, ask them questions about their life and write sentences about them.

Remember:

Reading

Whilst I’ve been isolating at home, I’ve been reading lots of books. Sadly, I’m running out of ideas of books to read!

Please can you recommend a book for me to read. Please read your book to someone in your house and use the sentence stems below to tell me about it.

Use the sentence stems:

My favourite book is ______________________

I recommend this book because  ________________________

My favourite part of the book is  _________________________

You can either write about your favourite book or ask someone in your house to film you. I look forward to your recommendations.

Maths

Complete the calculations below:

15 – 7 =

11 – 5 =

9 – 4 =

17 – 6

9 – 9 =

To solve these calculations, draw circles to represent the first number then cross out the amount you need to take away.

E.g.

Challenge:

11 – __ = 4

__ – 5 = 10

__ – 7 = 12

15 – __ =

Tips:

Good luck with today’s task.

Remember, if you are stuck or need help with anything, email me at benparker@spherefederation.org